The ability to track and see the behavior of visitors on your web site is absolutely vital to the success of your digital business.The business management adage “you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as true in the digital economy as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is happening on your site, how would you improve your results?
Website users have looked for accurate ways to track and analyze visitor behaviour since websites were first developed. From basic counters that track how many people have viewed your web site, to very sophisticated and powerful statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics and other applications that track an exceptional amount of key data.
Analyzing visitor behaviour is very important for a successful digital marketing strategy, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but research also shows that previous visitor behavior is the most reliable predictor of future behaviour.
It’s a better predictor, in fact, than knowing consumer demographics.While the ability to monitor valuable metrics such as the number of web users are arriving on your web site, which pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are remaining on your website for, keyword searches, average page views, referring sites, and so on, is highly essential, wouldn’t it also be excellent to be able to track precisely what users are reading, where they are navigating through for the longest periods, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, which areas of your page they are most intrigued about, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps have been used to analyze areas on a website page that web visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress web site, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking with video session replays to your collection of essential website analysis tools using a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & Heat Map Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software application that is compatible with WordPress and that lets you record your web site users’ complete session and generates instant heatmaps showing where they click and where they are scrolling on your site content.
The HeatMapTracker software lets you see your website from your visitor’s unique point of view.
For more details go here: HeatMap Tracker
Using Heat Map Tracker
The more information you have about how your readers engage with your site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact barriers that prevent your site visitors from fully benefiting from your site, such as confusing navigation layouts, or distracting adverts. As the site owner, you can guide your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as joining your newsletter or clicking on specific links.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can show you what links on a page visitors are clicking, a heat map can also reveal any clicks that users make on your page, whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap analysis helps you discover that visitors are clicking on a graphic element which they imagine to be a link, but is actually not a hyperlinked image, you could quickly change this by linking the image to the destination URL your readers are trying to get to, or make it clear to your users that the image is just a graphic.
Heatmaps, therefore, can be one of the most useful ways to test your site design, measure how navigatable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat MapTracker to track visitor behavior on your website:
Observe Everything Users Do On Your Web Site
HeatMap Tracker lets you record every user browsing session on your web site, allowing you to view all which links and buttons are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Complete Control Without Restrictions
The application is hosted on your own server, giving you unlimited user recordings and playbacks.
Free Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to purchase the software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited script updates and new features for free.
Additional benefits of the software include:
- Improve Site Usability: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they navigate your web pages, you can spot obstacles preventing visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve your sales process.
- No More Guessing User Behavior: The video recordings of your visitors’ browsing sessions reveal precisely what is taking place on your site. Screen overlays let you see exactly which elements users click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they hover on a particular location, how quickly they scroll down your site and more! No more guessing or hoping … just accurate information of what goes on when visitors visit your website.
- Increase Online Sales: Heat Map Tracker helps you increase user engagement with your business, which creates better sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we go over a few of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
Heat Map Tracker provides many unique features for web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and configure.Goes to work in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.See if people are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down the page your visitors scroll as a benchmark of the length of time your site or content can keep them interested. The software lets you study each and every user session to see how they are interacting with your website or some pages on your site.
- Unlimited session screen captures and playbacks.Do you need to provide statistical reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can capture visitors on your pages for 1 day, a week or two, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics.Heat Map Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats lets you view total visitors, tracked pages andall recorded user sessions the heat map analytics software has recorded for all projects. You can easily view which pages your visitors are moving towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on improving content that your users care about. You can also review regional location data of your visitors and discover which part of the world they are coming from.
The image below shows how Heat MapTracker measures up against alternative heat map analytics services like Crazy Egg and Click tale:
Below are just a few of the testimonials that customers have submitted for Heat MapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Here are just some of the many ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your website to improve your results:
- Understand what works (i.e. where people click) and what doesn’t work (where users aren’t clicking).For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that these link to another area of your site?
- Get practical information on how to improve your landing pages, sign-up forms, sales funnel, screen resolution, etc.
- Get practical information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Perform “above the fold” testing to improve your site’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, navigational links,buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if a page element should be added, rearranged, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for digital services.
- Analyze if users prefer to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments interact within your website.
- Troubleshoot confirmed site security problems or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a highly recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing great products and customer support. The members area includes video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker comes in three versions:
- Basic License – Single use only. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Allows you to use on up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White-Label) License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click-tracking, heat maps,session recording, unlimited recording / page views, free updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition lets you install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web agencies. Price = $497.00 One-time.
Note: The cost to purchase Heat Map Tracker can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price above was current at the time this content was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin author when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Heat Map Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking & HeatMap Tracking Solution
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat MapTracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide you with great information on things such as the number of people landing on your website, how they found it and what they do whilst on your site. However, to really gain a deep understanding into how your website and your content is being used by your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heat map analytics software application can be a great way to do this.
We recommend that you consider buying a copy of Heat Map Tracker if you need real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, visitor engagement and to get more sales.
For more information, visit the software website: Heat Map Tracker – Live
Click Tracking & Heat Map Tracker
Disclaimer: We are not associated with
WordPress or any of the WP-related products reviewed on this site. We may derive a financial benefit from sales of products advertised, reviewed or linked to from this
site. The product details on this page have been sourced from the plugin’s website and sites that provide Premium WP Services